Sunday, September 19, 2010

Banana Blueberry Smoothies


I got a 20 pound box of blueberries the other day and was working on freezing them for muffins and other deliciousness and I came across this smoothie recipe that I had to try with the kids! Good thing I did, I don't think that their glasses were gone before they were asking for more!!

Banana Blueberry Smoothies
(recipe found in Taste of Home Healthy Cooking)
Serves: 6

1 cup fat free milk
1 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 medium bananas, halved
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries

In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds or until blended. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.

I think that next time I make this recipe, I might try adding some ice to it. I think that it would make it a little colder and thicker, which is how I like my smoothies. But, it was definitely good this way too! If you don't believe me, just check out these faces!!


No comments:

Post a Comment