Saturday, September 25, 2010

Italian Baked Chicken Breasts

I found this recipe in Taste of Home Healthy Cooking and loved it! The crust of the chicken turns out to be somewhat crispy and the taste was wonderful! I tripled the recipe to make enough for my family and they all gobbled it up...



Italian Baked Chicken Breasts
(recipe found in Taste of Home Healthy Cooking)

2 egg whites
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
butter flavored cooking spray
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

In a shallow bowl, beat egg whites and vinegar. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic powder and garlic salt. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.

Place in an 8" square baking dish coated with cooking spray; lightly coat chicken with butter flavored spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170.

Personally, I skipped the butter flavored cooking spray step. I think adding more spray on top of the chicken sounds gross and I definitely try to cut out salt wherever I can... So, if you want to try it, go for it but it was delicious even without this step!

Serves: 2
Points: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment