Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Zucchini Mini Muffins

I try to send in a little something for the teachers that my kids have at each holiday... This year I found these cute little containers on the dollar rack at Target and couldn't resist! The trick was to then find something that went inside of them! :) Well, I had this recipe that I have been holding on to for a while and a big fat zucchini sitting on my counter, so the decision was made for me... They turned out delicious! I made one batch according to directions and they were good, but I wanted to kick it up a notch, so I made another batch and threw in some white chocolate chips. While this definitely affected the points value, it gave them a little extra goodness! Try it either way - they are pretty yummy!


Zucchini Mini Muffins
(recipe found at weightwatchers.com)

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 small zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess moisture
1 large egg white
1/3 cup lowfat milk
2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons almond or walnut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400. Pray mini muffin tin with cooking spray. In large bowl, whisk together both flours, sugar, baking powder, ground ginger and salt. In a second bowl, whisk together zucchini, egg white, milk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla until sugar is mostly dissolved (might still be a little grainy). Pour wet ingredients into dry; stir with wooden spoon just until combined. Spoon into muffin tin, about 2 tablespoons per hole. Bake until browned, until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 12-14 minutes. Cool for a few minute before turning muffins out and finish cooling on a wire rack.

Serving size: 1 muffin
Points Plus: 2 per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment