Monday, June 16, 2014

Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls



The hubs was a little leery about this recipe when I talked about what we were having for supper until he tasted it... He couldn't get enough and was excited that he had leftovers to take for lunch the next day. He told me that it really reminded him of a healthier version of goulash. The kids loved it also... They surprise me every time that they LOVE cabbage so much. They kept coming and stealing pieces of it while I was waiting to drop it in the pan. All in all it was a yummy, low cal, yet hearty supper!


Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
(Recipe found on pinterest)

2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small cabbage, chopped
2 cans (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt

In a large pot brown beef and onion until onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.

2 comments:

  1. I love making unstuffed cabbage, so much easier than stuffing the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe how easy they were! I was worried that the kids would be put off by the way it looked but they gobbled it up too... Love that!!

      Delete