Monday, June 28, 2010

BLT and More Salad

We had this for supper the other day when the weather was hot and it was a hit! I never thought that my kids were big salad eaters, but they gobbled this right up and Brody even asked for more!!

BLT and More Salad
(Taste of Home - Healthy Cooking)

1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup cubed avocado
3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (or way more if you are married to my husband! :)
2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
2 tablespoons fat free mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fat free milk
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
dash of salt
dash of pepper
1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese (we did not go this direction, I just picked my
favorite cheese)
2 tablespoons pine nuts (once again, I did not go here...)
4 Bibb lettuce leaves (I just used a bag of lettuce and mixed it all together)

In a small bowl, cominge the tomatoes, avocado and bacon.

In another small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, garlic, dill, salt and pepper.

Pour dressing over vegetables and toss gently. Add to salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts.
The final results...

As you can tell, it was delicious!

2 comments:

  1. This looks sooooo good! Did you serve it as a side or as a main dish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I served it as a main dish on a night where none of us were super hungry! You know those hot nights where you don't want to cook or eat, but you feel like you should for the kids!? :)

    ReplyDelete