Monday, May 28, 2012

Cake Batter Puppy Chow

At some point I need to make up a batch of my sister's puppy chow so that I can put a good post of it on my blog, but I guess I will start you off with a twist on it first... I found this recipe on pinterest and knew that I needed to try it out and I am so glad that I did! I am also really, really, really glad that I brought it with when we went to see my husband's family because it could have been very dangerous for me to have at my house. I wanted to eat it and never stop - extremely addicting!! Melt in your mouth addicting...



Cake Batter Puppy Chow
(recipe found at www.soveryblessed.com)

5 cups chex cereal
10 ounces (5 squares) vanilla flavored almond bark
1 1/2 cups yellow cake mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar
shortening

Melt almond bark and shortening together in microwave according to package directions until smooth and slightly runny. Pour over chex and gently stir to coat. Mix together cake mix and powdered sugar, combine with chex and shake to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment