Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ground Beef Totchos



I made this as a special supper for the kids one night and they were crazy about it! I had my niece and nephew the same night, so I doubled the recipe and threw some grapes on the side for a quick and easy "finger food" supper. I couldn't dish it up fast enough for them as they were eating it! :) I did add black olives to the totchos that we had and if it wasn't for having kids that might be a bit pickier, I would have thrown some onions in the mix as well. So tasty!! I definitely like to bake up my tater tots until they are nice and crispy so I added about 10 minutes extra onto the cooking time...


Ground Beef Totchos
(recipe found pillsbury.com)

2 bags (16 oz each) tater tots
1 pound ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
3 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 cup salsa
Shredded lettuce
Sour cream and guacamole, if desired

Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with sides with foil or cooking parchment paper. Place frozen potatoes on cookie sheet. Bake as directed on bag. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Cook about 2 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle potatoes with beef mixture and cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Top with remaining ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment