Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells



I made these pasta shells on a night when I had my niece and nephews over and I couldn't put the seconds on their plate fast enough... I started them with two a piece and they kept asking for more. While these are a little messy to make, they are fabulous to eat. I wish that I could have had more but the kids beat me to them! :) At least I got a couple of them...


Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
(recipe found on pinterest via tipjunkie.com)

1 box of dried jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions, rinsed and drained
1 pound ground beef
1 package (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix
1 cup of water
1 can (16 ounces) can refried beans
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 jar chunky salsa, divided
1/4 cup sliced green onions
Sour cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Spread 1/4 cup salsa over bottom of casserole dish. Cook beef in large skillet until brown; drain. Add seasoning mix and water; cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add beans and 3/4 cup cheese; mix well. Fill pasta shells with beef mixture; place on baking dish, filled side up. Spoon remaining salsa over shells; top with remaining cheese. Cover with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Serve with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment