Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Caramel Apple Crisp

Besides all the apple peeling, coring and chopping that you have to do, this recipe was a breeze to throw together and was so sinfully delicious that the half a pan that I have sitting on my cupboard right now is calling my name!! I love the oatmeal topping and to have 3 layers of it was all the better... That's all I can say right now, I have to go and get a fork!! I need someone to take this pan before I completely blow this weight loss competition that I am doing! :)



Caramel Apple Crisp
(recipe found in Taste of Home)

3 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup cold butter
8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
1 package (14 ounces) caramels, halved
1 cup apple cider, divided

In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, born sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Layer with half of the apples and caramels and 1 cup oat mixture; repeat layers. Pour 1/2 cup cider over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining cider; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment