Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies

I love pumpkin, fall, chocolate chips, leaves on the ground, pumpkin and cooler weather. Did I mention that I love pumpkin?? :) I found a few recipes that include pumpkin in dessert typish form and I had to try them... So, here is the first a a few! :) I made them for my son's boy scout Halloween party and didn't come home with any - that's a great sign, I think!



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies
(recipe found at www.cucinafamiglia.com)

1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 whole eggs
1 egg white
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips

Combine pumpkin, eggs and vegetable oil. Mix well. In separate bowl mix together dry ingredients. Combine wet and dry. Add chocolate chips. Spread onto a greased 11x7 pan. (I doubled the recipe and put it into a 9x13 pan...) Bake at 350 for 15-20 minuts or until toothpick comes out clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment