Monday, October 10, 2011

Double Chip Oatmeal Cookie Bars

It's Secret Recipe Club day and I couldn't be more excited about my reveal!! I had www.cookingmimi.wordpress.com. I found so many fabulous recipes that I took me forever to nail down the one that I wanted to post about... (I actually made two different recipes already in the past month and have two more printed off to make in the future!!) Seriously? Pumpkin Spice Trifle? Since it's the middle of October that recipe is sure to be made up pretty dang quick!!

I already made her Cajun Chicken Pasta and it was TO DIE FOR!! So creamy and delicious... Cost me a lot of my points for that day, but let me tell you, it was totally worth it! I wanted to post about that, but I found a way to make it a little lighter and I want to make it again before I post it. Look for it coming soon...

So, I finally settled on these fabulous Double Chip Oatmeal Cookie Bars. I had girls night at my house the other night and I knew that it was time to make something sweet and delicious that I wouldn't eat completely on my own... I won't even talk about points in these bad boys - they were purely an extravagence... I also love anything that includes oatmeal and chocolate chips - yum!! So we gobbled up a bunch that night and then my husband to the rest to work with him... Needless to say - completely gone and no longer a temptation in my house! PHEW...

So, stop by and check out her blog!! I'm sure you will find as many, if not TONS more, fabulous recipes that you will want to try out as well!



Double Chip Oatmeal Cookie Bars
(recipe found at http://www.cookingmimi.wordpress.com/)

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups quick or old fashioned oats
1 2/3 cups of mixed chocolate chips and peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 375. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed thoroughly. Slowly add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in oatmeal and chips by hand. Grease a jelly roll pan and spread mixture to the edges. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut and serve.

Check out the other recipes included in today's Secret Recipe Club reveal!




6 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal and chips and bars are so wonderfully easy, great SRC choice.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Levain Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Love the addition of the oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum! These bars look great. Excellent SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so tasty! Love the mix of chocolate and PB chips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like something I would really enjoy, I love oats n choc. too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just what I was looking for. These sound fab. Must make some soon. Great pick for the SRC!!

    ReplyDelete