Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Chocolate Chip Scones



When the going gets tough, the tough get cooking! I had some drama in my day the day that I made these and I needed to work off some of the anxiety and cooking is how I do it! So, I whipped up a huge batch of granola, some refrigerator oatmeal and these tasty scones! I think the kids were glad that I had a rough day because they were super excited about this snack when they came home from school. It was delicious warm, but good the next day also! It was a very easy recipe and I had everything that I needed in my kitchen already... Perfect!! You can cut these pieces into 12 or 8 depending on how big you want them! :)


Chocolate Chip Scones
(recipe found on bettycrocker.com)

2 cups bisquick
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Additional heavy whipping cream
Additional sugar

Heat oven to 425. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Stir bisquick, chocolate chips, whipping cream, sugar, egg and vanilla in medium bowl until soft dough forms. Pat into 8-inch circle on cookie sheet (if dough is sticky, dip fingers in bisquick). Brush circle with additional whipping cream; sprinkle with additional sugar. Cut into 12 wedges, but do not separate. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown; carefully separate. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment