Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Garlicky Chicken Pizza



I was a little nervous about making this pizza for my kids... Putting tomatoes and onions on the pizza kind of sounded like a recipe for disaster at my house, but it looked so good that I had to try it at least once! My kids are usually game for anything on a pizza crust, so I have gotten them to eat some interesting foods this way. I have to say that everyone had a couple pieces of pizza and my oldest son is requesting it next week for his birthday dinner! Not too shabby for a meal that I was worried about flopping! I'm also not a huge fan of warm tomatoes on my pizza and I usually skip those types, but I thought it was fantastic also - AND it was pretty good for leftovers the next day as well! The only thing that I would change is to amp up the garlic factor on the crust... I didn't feel like it was very garlicky for a garlicky chicken pizza...


Garlicky Chicken Pizza
(recipe found in Taste of Home)

1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust (or I used this recipe for pizza crust)
2 tablespoons olive oiul
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, well drained
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved (I switched to black olives - my kids are obsessed with them!!)
2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
1 1/3 cups crumbled goat cheese (I used feta since my store didn't have goat cheese)
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 400. Unroll and press dough onto bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a greased 15x10 baking pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. (I used my own crust and skipped this prebaking step.) Mix oil and garlic; brush over crust. Top with tomatoes, onion, olives, chicken and goat cheese. Sprinkle with rosemary, garlic salt and pepper. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment