Monday, September 14, 2015

Meatball Stroganoff



Stroganoff is one of my favorite meals that my mom makes and I usually use her recipe, find it right here, but every once in a while I see another recipe that catches my eye and I decide that I want to try it. This was one of those recipes and I am so glad that I decided to try it. It was so yummy and super easy to make. The kids INHALED this meal so next time I will probably try to make a double batch. It is easy enough to start to add a little more here and there!


Meatball Stroganoff
(recipe found at menumusings.blogspot.com via pinterest)

frozen Italian style meatballs, enough to cover the bottom of the pan
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups beef broth
salt and pepper to taste
dried herbs, 1-1 1/2 tsp each - parsley, oregano, basil
1 cup sour cream
4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, if desired
1 cup heavy whipping cream or a slurry of whole milk and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
Wide egg noodles

Add the meatballs when the oil and pan are hot! Heat meatballs until they are browned, then deglaze pan with beef broth. Add seasonings and let simmer to allow flavors to come together. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions in separate pot. Add heavy whipping cream and bring to boil to begin thickening. Add sour cream and cream cheese (if using). Add in cooked, drained noodles, stir and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment