Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Poppy Chow

I found this tasty little treat over at The Tasty Kitchen... This is a website that one of my friends turned me on too and I have it bookmarked as a favorite now. I love that it is a collection from so many different people and you can find so many different ideas there!!

I made this for the boys' teachers for the last day of school to say thanks for putting up, I mean teaching my kids for this past year! They are truly special people who helped the boys have a great and wonderful year...

As I was making it, I realized that I really needed to double the recipe. Not because it didn't make enough for them... because I was eating it as fast as I was making it! It is so good. I love puppy chow, but never have chex cereal on hand. Popcorn is a staple at our house, as well as the rest of the ingredients. Super easy to make and ready in no time! :) ENJOY...



Poppy Chow
(recipe found at thepioneerwoman.com)

9 cups air popped popcorn - (I used my stir crazy)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cups peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

In microwave or double boil, melt chocolate, peanut butter and butter until melted. Stir in vanilla. Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl and pour the chocolate mixture over popcorn. Stir gently until evenly coated. Add powdered sugar and stir until each piece is covered. Spread out on cookie sheets to set chocolate. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment