Monday, July 23, 2012

Cream of Everything Mix

I found this recipe on pinterest and had to try it. I feel like I use cream of mushroom or cream of chicken a few times a week so I thought that this was a good recipe to try and cut back on all the soup cans I use! :) Wouldn't you know that I haven't had a recipe that called for it until just recently... Oh well! Tried it with my Italian Cream Cheese Chicken that we just had and it seemed to work well! Love when I can cut my grocery costs anywhere and everywhere!


Cream of Everything Mix
(recipe found on pinterest.com via www.oneorangegiraffe.blogspot.com)

1 cup nonfat dried milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup bouillon, any type - smashed if you have cubes
4 tablespoons minced onions
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon pepper

Mix together and store in airtight jar.

For the equivalent of one can of cream of anything soup, mix 1/3 cup dried mix with 1 1/4 cup water. Heat until thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment