Thursday, September 5, 2013

Chinese Chicken Stir Fry



Yum... a good stir fry is a fabulous thing in my book! I love the ease, once it is all chopped up, of throwing everything in the pan and boom - it's done in like 2 seconds! You know me and my speedy quick meals! Once again, I did a lot of chopping in my take on this dish - easier for the kids to eat and easier to hide some of the veggies that they might not be super excited about... So, chop, slice, dice - whatever floats your boat!



Chinese Chicken Stir Fry
(recipe found on pinterest via www.eat-yourself-skinny.com)

3 chicken breasts
1 red pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
3 large carrots, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
20 edamame (I traded these out for pea pods)
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of red pepper flakes

Season chicken with salt and pepper and cut into bite size pieces. Heat skillet or wok to medium high and add oil. Allow to heat up and add veggies. Saute for about 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir fry until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment