Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Slow Cooked Ham in Cider Gravy



This was a super yummy and easy way to cook up the ham that I had in my freezer. The gravy was good, but a bit tart for my liking... I did not need to use all the cider from the crock pot to make the gravy. I would definitely do that ham again, but make a different gravy for the potatoes we would have on the side!

Slow Cooked Ham in Cider Gravy
(recipe found on pinterest via www.savvyeat.com)

1 1-4 pound ham
2 cups apple cider, unsweetened
3/4 cups maple syrup
3 tablespoons cornstarch

Place the ham in a crockpot and cover with the cider and syrup. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Transfer the ham to a plate. Whisk the cornstarch with 1/2 cup of the cider on the stove-top over low heat until smooth. Increase the heat to medium-low. Whisking continuously, add the cider a little bit at a time, until it is all in the gravy. Keep whisking as the gravy bubbles until it is thickened. Serve with the ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment