Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sombrero Pasta Salad



This was a dish that really reminded me of my mom's taco salad. It was super yummy even though it didn't have the crunch that comes with the chips that are usually in a taco salad. I'm sure the whole wheat pasta that I used instead made it healthier! :) I have made this twice already and it was a hit with my family and with the group that I made it for at the potluck that we had!

Sombrero Pasta Salad
(recipe found on pinterest via www.tasteofhome.com)

1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup water
1 envelope taco seasoning
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 bottle (16 ounces) Catalina or Western salad dressing


Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Rinse pasta in cold water and drain; place in a large bowl. Add beef mixture, cheese, green pepper, onion, tomato and olives; mix well. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment