Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thai Chicken Salad



I told you I was in a Thai type of mood lately! :) This salad was awesome from start to finish!! VERY simple to throw together, it got my family to try bok choy for the first time and we all LOVED it... I would say that's a great thing!


Thai Chicken Salad
(recipe found on pinterest via www.jocooks.com)

Salad:
1 bag of broccoli slaw about (2 or 3 cups)
1 cup sliced papaya (I couldn't find this, so I used a can of mandarin oranges, which my family loves!)
1 cup sliced cucumber
2 cups baby boy choy, chopped in small pieces (2 small bok choy)
1 red chili pepper, diced (I subbed this for a red pepper)
4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or cut in small pieces
1/4 cup chopped mint
1/2 cup peanuts or slivered almonds

Dressing:
juice from 2 limes
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon peanut butter
1 teaspoon fish sauce (I couldn't find this, so I just omitted)
a pinch of red pepper flakes

Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss. In a smaller bowl mix all dressing ingredients together. Pour over salad and toss well.

No comments:

Post a Comment