Monday, June 15, 2015

Root Beer Pancakes



Pop in a recipe? You know my kids are all over that! :) I wanted to see if they would even know that I was using a different recipe for pancakes or not, so I didn't even tell them what these were called. I usually use this recipe for all my pancakes! As soon as they took their first bite they asked why they could taste Root Beer in the pancakes! Good taste buds my kiddos have! :) They were light, fluffy and delicious!


Root Beer Pancakes
(Recipe found at fantasticalsharing.com via Pinterest)

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups root beer
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Add root beer, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Mix until mostly combined. Batter may be lumpy - that's okay! Cook 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter at a time on a preheated griddle. Flip when the top bubbles and cook until golden brown. Serve warm topped with butter and syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment