Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili

I love soups in the crockpot, but haven't searched for any healthy ones since I have been in my competition. When I heard about this one from my friend, I knew that I had to try it. I love chili, I love crockpot cooking and I love that it's healthy, so how could we go wrong? We couldn't!! It was super delish and definitely easy to throw together... Definitely a recipe that we are going to go back to often! :)

Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili
(recipe found at www.skinnytaste.com)

1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounces) can black beans
1 (16 ounces) can kidney beans
1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
10 ounces package frozen corn kernels
2 (14.5 ounces each) cans diced tomatoes with chilies
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. (Or if you are like me, I just chopped mine into bite size pieces before I even threw it in.) Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro.

Serves: 10
Points: 3 per 1 1/4 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment