Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Roasted Vegetable Dip

When I had girls night at my house my mind was exploding at the possibilities and all the things that I wanted to try!! Of course, a lot of the people that were coming over are also part of our weight loss challenge, so I knew that I needed to be good and incorporate some healthy options that we could all nosh on! Although this one pairs up with crackers, I also served it with fresh veggies so that an even healthier option was available! Too bad I forgot it all in the fridge and now I have to eat it all by myself... :)



Roasted Vegetable Dip
(recipe found in Taste of Home Healthy Cooking)

2 laerge sweet red peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large zucchini, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 package (8 ounces) reduced fat cream cheese
assorted crackers

Place ther ed peppers, zucchini and onion in a 15x10 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine olive oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature. Place cream cheese and vegetables in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Chill until serving. Serve with crackers.

Serves: yields 2 1/2 cups
Points: 1 point per 2 tablespoons

No comments:

Post a Comment