Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Coconut Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

Since my oven is still out I was in a pinch about what to make for Beau's swimming lessons teacher. I try to make a little something to say thank you for the hard work that my kids' teachers do - especially when Beau can be a little shyster... These turned out pretty good and were a little bit of a change but I definitely still like the regular no bake cookies better!


Coconut Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
(recipe found on pinterest via http://auntpegsrecipebox.blogspot.com)

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup milk
1 (3.4 ounces) box coconut flavor pudding mix (I didn't have this, so I substituted cheesecake flavor)
2 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In a large pan mix together sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes. Turn off heat, add in pudding mix, oatmeal, coconut and vanilla. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper and let cool. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment