Thursday, September 20, 2012

Crock Pot Taco Casserole

As I have said in the past, my family loves a good taco recipe... This was no exception! :) I made this up one morning and threw it in the crock pot so that it was ready for supper and it did not disappoint - it was very hearty and filling! I did make a minor change to the recipe though... I am NOT a big fan of soggy chips and I feel like whenever you add chips to a recipe and then bake them in the middle, they are going to turn out soggy. So, instead of layering the chips inside the casserole I just crushed them up and added them to the top of each serving after the meal was finished cooking. Same great taste, none of the sogginess!


Crock Pot Taco Casserole
(recipe found on pinterest via www.momof9splace.com)

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
2 drops tabasco sauce
1 (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup frozen corn
2 (16 ounces each) cans of chili with beans
3/4 pound cheese
nacho cheese tortilla chips

Brown ground beef. Add onion, garlic and green pepper and cook until tender. Add tabasco, tomato sauce and chili powder and stir to combine. Place meat mixture into bottom of crock pot sprayed with cooking spray. On top layer the crushed chips, corn, chili and cheese. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment