Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lemon Orange Shrimp and Rice

I think that this was one of my favorite meals in a long time!! I love rice-a-roni and I love the simpleness of this meal. I also LOVE when I don't have to fight with my kids to eat supper and this was that meal! They gobbled it right up and we didn't have any problems at all...

Lemon Orange Shrimp and Rice
(recipe found in Taste of Home)

2 packages (6.2 ounces each) fried rice mix (I used rice-a-roni)
1 1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup orange marmalade
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
3 cups frozen sugar snap peas, thawed

Prepare rice according to package directions, simmering for about 10-15 minutes or just until rice is tender. Remove from pan. In the same skillet, cook and stir shrimp in oil over medium high heat for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp are pink; stir in orange marmalade and lemon peel. Add snap peas and rice; heat through, mixing gently to combine. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment