Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Peach Ice Cream



Every year we get a couple of boxes of peaches from our local fire department and I love to find new ways to use them, other then just scarfing them down plain! This year (and I think last, even if I didn't get a chance to blog about it), I busted out my ice cream maker and churned up some peach ice cream. It was soooo good, nice and creamy and pretty easy to make! The kids definitely enjoyed it and although I prefer chocolate, I thought it was a good pick.


Peach Ice Cream
(recipe found in Ben and Jerry's)

2 cups finely chopped ripe peaches, peeled if you prefer (I left my peels on)
1 1/4 cups sugar
juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 large eggs
2 cups heavy or whipping cream
1 cup milk

Combine the peaches, 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring the mixture every 30 minutes. Remove peaches from refrigerator and drain the juice into another bowl. Return the peaches to the refrigerator. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend. Add the peach juice and blend. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the instructions. After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the peaches and continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment