Monday, April 21, 2014

Asian Meatball and Rice Toss



I don't normally make up my own meatballs, so when I could just buy a bag from the store to make this recipe, I was sold. It sounded delish, but I wasn't sure if it would be filling enough for my family with just a single batch. So, I doubled the recipe and we had the extras the next day for leftovers! I like that idea!! It was pretty easy to throw together and the whole family enjoyed it, in fact one of my boys even took it to school for lunch the next day... Thank God he got a wide mouth thermos for Christmas this year, that thing has come in handy! :)

Asian Meatball and Rice Toss
(recipe found on bettycrocker.com)

2 tablespoons butter
1 (6.8 ounces) package beef-flavor rice and vermicelli mix
3 cups water
1/3 cup asian sesame marinade and salad dressing
1 (16 ounces) package frozen cooked meatballs, thawed
1 cup julienne cut carrots
1/2 cup halved fresh snow pea pods
3 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
3 tablespoons chopped green onions

Directions
Melt butter in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in rice and vermicelli from mix; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned. Add water, asian marinade and contents of seasoning packet from mix; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Add meatballs and carrots; cover and cook 15 to 18 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pea pods. Cook, uncovered an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until pea pods are crisp-tender. Garnish individual servings with peanuts and onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment