Friday, January 14, 2011

Almond and Peach Crusted Pork Chops

Pork chops are starting to be a food that I really, really like... Usually chicken dishes are my go to meal, but lately pork chops have tasted so good that I keep my eyes peeled for new recipes! These had a wonderful taste to them and cooked up wonderfully! I doubled the recipe so we could have leftovers and boy am I glad that I did!!


Almond and Peach Crusted Pork Chops
(recipe found in Weeknight Bisquick cookbook)

1 egg
2 tablespoons peach preserves (I used apricot-pineapple that I had leftover from another recipe)
1/2 cup bisquick mix
1/2 cup coarsely chopped sliced almonds
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 pork boneless loin chops, 1/2 inch thick (1 1/2 pounds)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
chopped fresh parsley, if desired

Beat egg and preserves in shallow dish with fork, breaking apart any large pieces of preserves. Mix bisquick, almonds, cornmeal and salt in another shallow dish. Dip pork into egg mixture, then coat with bisquick mixture. Heat oil in 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Cook pork 15-18 minutes, turning once, until crust is golden brown and pork is slightly pink in center. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment