Thursday, February 23, 2012

Salty Sweet Cookie Bars

What do you do when your brother calls in a panic having just realized that it is his treat day at work and he forgot? Well, you jump in and get your hands dirty and help him out! I went straight to the no bake things that I had in my mind! of course I whipped up another quick batch of Tweedle-de-dees that I had just made the other day and I also found this recipe that I had been saving... Perfect opportunity to make something and snitch just one taste of it! They were fabulous and when my brother called at the end of the day it was with thanks and "they all want to know how to make these!" Good thing that I have all the ingredients on hand most of the time! Sorry for the horrid picture but I was in quite the hurry to get these out the door...



Salty Sweet Cookie Bars
(recipe found at http://www.anniebakes.net/)

1 sleeve saltine crackers
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup milk
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

In a 9x13 pan layer one layer of crackers. Melt butter in a large saucepan, then add sugars, graham cracker crumbs and milk. Stir until mixed and sugars are dissolved. Spread over cracker layer. Add second layer of crackers. In small saucepan melt peanut butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips until combined. Spread over cracker layer and smooth. Refrigerate until hardened.

No comments:

Post a Comment