Monday, March 12, 2012

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

I know, I know, it is the middle of winter... We actually just got our first good amount of snow and I am making pink lemonade cupcakes! It was my daughter's 3rd birthday and while we had an ice cream bar at the party she wanted cake for her actual birthday. I had this recipe sitting in my folder and knew that this was the time to make them... They were a great hit and oh so cute with the straws stuck inside. It was even cuter when 2 of my kids tried to suck on the straws to eat the cupcakes! :)



Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
(recipe found at www.cheekyandtrig.blogspot.com)

1 package white cake mix (not the pudding kind)
3 egg whites
1 cup water
1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup frozen pink lemonade, thawed, divided
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
5-8 drops red food coloring, divided
4 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
lemon slice candies

Preheat to 350. Beat cake mix, egg whites, water, 1/3 cup concentrate, oil and 4-6 drops food coloring. Spoon into cupcake cups. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes, remove and let finish cooling. Beat powdered sugar, butter and remaining 1/4 cup concentrate in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed. Beat in remaining food coloring. Spread frosting over cupcakes. Garnish with candies and straws if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment