Monday, January 28, 2013

Cinnamon Bun Popcorn

I found this recipe a long time ago and knew immediately that this was going to be the gift that I made up for my kids' paras, sunday school teachers, specials teachers and so on... After I made it twice (and doubled the batch each time) I decided that I needed to get it out of my house before I ate all of it! :) It is so delicious and I have had so many of those same people that I made it for ask me for the recipe... Well, finally, here it is!! Enjoy, cause if when I make this again, I am devouring it on my own! :)



Cinnamon Bun Popcorn
(recipe found on pinterest via homeisright.blogspot.com)

12 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels)
1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup karo syrup
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 squares white almond bark

Preheat oven to 250. Place popcorn and pecans in a large bowl and set aside. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in large microwaveable bowl and mix well. Chunk butter into bowl and cover with karo syrup. Place in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine and microwave for 2 minutes more. Stir once again and remicrowave for another 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and add in vanilla and baking soda. Stir to combine. Add caramel mixture to popcorn mixture and stir to coat. Place on greased or foil lined baking pans and bake for half an hour, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on wax paper to cool. Drizzle with melted almond bark. When popcorn and almond bark is cooled and set break apart and place in sealed containers. At this point, try not to eat it all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment