Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tyroleon Hard Cake

This was one of my favorite Christmas treats as I was growing up... Not sure what struck me about it, I mean, I am kind of a chocolate girl but I remember loving every time that my mom made it! I knew that I had made it before and could not find the recipe anywhere... Since my mom was at work I racked my brain to try and remember where I might have the recipe... Found it in a cookbook that my class made when I was in 2nd grade! So, that's how long I have LOVED this recipe! :)


Tyroleon Hard Cake
(recipe found from my mom!)

2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir well. Add remaining ingredients, stir until well mixed. Grease 9 or 10" round cake pan. Roll dough into 1" balls. Arrange in circular patter to fill pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoon sugar on top. Bake 50 minutes or until lightly browned on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment