Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes



So, when I moved back to Minnesota, I started subbing for the bunco group that my mom, a few of her friends and my sisters are a part of. They meet every other Monday during the school year and just hang out playing bunco or cards, eating and having some good adult time! Just what I need after a full day of only children all by myself!! This year I was asked to take on a regular spot and I was super excited... I actually get to have it at my house every once in a while and you all know that I am in my glory when I get to cook up fun food for a bunch of people! This was one of the recipes that I tried out, in fact as soon as I saw it I marked it to make for my first bunco night at my house - they were coming out of the oven as everyone was walking in so I wasn't able to get a picture and everyone (even the ones that aren't too excited about sweet potatoes) LOVED these so much that I didn't have any left when the night was through! Super yummy!!

Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes
(recipe found in Taste of Home)

1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
1 pound bacon strips, halved
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
maple syrup, warmed (I skipped this step)

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix butter and seasonings. Add sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Wrap one piece bacon around each sweet potato cube; secure with a toothpick. Dip each side in brown sugar. Place on a parchment paper lined baking pan. Bake 40-45 minute or until bacon is crisp and sweet potato is tender. Mine took a bit longer. Serve with maple syrup if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment