Monday, March 24, 2014

White Chocolate Snack Mix



When we get together for a party, everyone usually pitches in and brings a dish to share. Usually it's just one dish, but of course, I have to go overboard half the time (okay, more then half) and I made up two dishes to share on New Year's Eve. Not that I'm trying to show anyone up, I just have so many recipes that I want to try that it kills me to pick only one! While I loved the Jalapeno Popper Dip that I brought along, I also wanted something sweet to go along with it... And along with the sweet needs to come the salty! This recipe was super easy to throw together and tasted awesome!! The kids were fighting over it before we left so I had to bag up some for them to have the next day, good thing that I doubled it! Delish...


White Chocolate Snack Mix
(recipe found on pinterest via creationsbykara.com)

1 bag microwave popcorn, popped
4 cups corn pops cereal
4 cups fritos corn chips
1 bag white chocolate chips

Remove the unpopped kernels from the popcorn. Stir together popcorn, corn pops, and fritos in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave at half power. Stir it every 30-45 seconds to make sure it doesn't burn. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn mixture and stir to coat. Let sit for a few minutes till the chocolate hardens.

Tips:
-*To remove the unpopped kernels from popcorn, place it in a bowl with a gridded cooling rack on top. Holding the cooling rack in place, flip the whole thing over. Gently shake. The kernels will fall through the holes, but the popcorn will stay in the bowl. Works like a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment