Monday, August 31, 2015

Snickerdoodles



It has been a long time since I have made snickerdoodles. They have a special place in my heart as they take me back to the summer that I spent with my cousin living at my aunt and uncle's house. We made a lot of memories that summer and one of them included doing a lot of baking. That is where I found my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe! We also had to bake a lot of snickerdoodles for my uncle because that was his favorite cookie... It isn't one that I make a lot, but this recipe called my name. They were super soft and delicious, I am definitely going to have to make up a batch for him the next time that I see him!


Snickerdoodles
(recipe found at shesaved.com via pinterest)

1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar

For rolling:
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Preheat oven to 300 while you let the dough rest for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator. In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the topping. Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and roll it into a ball. Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press it onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining cookies. Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes and no more. The cookies may seem undercooked, but will continue to develop after they are removed from the oven. When the cookies have cooled they should be soft and chewy in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment