Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Taco Spaghetti



When I saw "taco" I knew that I wanted to try this recipe with my family... These are both meals that my family loves, so how would they taste together? Fabulous!! We didn't add all the taco toppings to our taco spaghetti, but it still tasted awesome. My kiddos LOVE black olives, so I go a little crazy when I add those to my meals and my family is okay with that! :)


Taco Spaghetti
(Recipe found at sohowsittaste.com via Pinterest)

5 ounces dried spaghetti, broken
1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
11 ounces can whole kernel corn with peppers, drained
1 cup sliced pitted black olives
1 cup colby jack or cheddar, shredded
1/2 cup salsa
4 ounces can diced green chili peppers, drained
shredded lettuce
tortilla chips
tomato
sour cream, optional

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Preheat oven to 350. In a 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is brown. Drain fat. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked pasta, corn, olives, half of the cheese, salsa, and green chili peppers. Transfer mixture to lightly greased 2-quart round casserole. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until melted. Serve with shredded lettuce, tortilla chips, tomatoes, and sour cream, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment