Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar

So, this week is Teacher Appreciation Week... Way back when I was a teacher, I was spoiled rotten by the parents at my school and it was nice to know that I was appreciated. While they were very generous, that wasn't truly the point - it was also nice to hear a plain old thank you from the parents of the students that were in my class. I spent more time with their kids then they did some weeks and it was nice to know that all the hard work that I put into my class and classroom didn't go unnoticed... This being said - I feel like I need to step up and let my kids' teachers know that I appreciate all that they do for my kids in their education! They can be a handful at times and their teachers definitely see that. I also see how much they grow each year, in the capable hands of the wonderful teachers they have at Sebeka...

Mrs. Oyster and Brody


Heidi and Beau


That being said - this week I sent my boys to school with a few gifts for their teachers. These included banana chocolate chip muffins on Tuesday and this recipe for Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar went to school with them today. I sampled a little bit for myself and they were delicious! I hope their teachers enjoy them!

The "undecorated" version...


Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar
(recipe found at www.jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com)

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese
1 (14 ounces) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 (21 ounces) can cherry pie filling
cool whip or redi whip

Smash graham crackers into fine crumbs. Add sugar and melted butter and mix until combined. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Scrape the bottom of the bowl. Add sweetened condensed milk and continue to beat. Once it is all beaten together for about 3 minutes or until smooth and silky add lemon juice. Continue mixing for an additional 1 minute. Scrape bowl as needed to make sure all ingredients come together.

Using 1/2 pint jars (this will make 7 jars full) begin to layer ingredients. 2 teaspoons of graham cracker mixture, 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture and 2 tablespoons cherry pie filling. At this point spray in some cool whip and smooth with a spoon. Begin to repeat layers again. I chose to use the pint jars that I had at my house and I doubled each layer as I went. I also chose to "up the dosage" of graham cracker mixture (who doesn't love that!) and went for 2 tablespoons instead of 2 teaspoons. Delish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment