Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Chicken Alfredo Pasta Pies

My husband is still raving about this meal and we ate a few hours ago! I thought that he was giving me a hard time when I told him what we were having for supper - "I love chicken, pasta and spinach..." Sarcasm runs high at our house so I really believed that he wasn't too excited for supper - turns out I was dead wrong. He quickly packed away 2 of these bad boys for lunch tomorrow and ate 2 more at supper. He wasn't the only one that ate them like they were heaven either... My 1 year old - who boycotts ANY type of food most of the time, inhaled them also! Must be a keeper...

FYI: I don't have a jumbo muffin tin so I just used my regular one... This meant that I had a lot more filling then fit in 8 biscuits so I needed to open another can. So, if you don't have a jumbo pan either - make sure you pick up 2 cans biscuits because you will use about 11 of them...


Chicken Alfredo Pasta Pies
(recipe found at www.pillsbury.com)

1 cup uncooked penne pasta
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 jar (15 ounces) alfredo pasta sauce
1 box (9 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain
1 can (16.3 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 350. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Mix pasta, chicken, alfredo sauce and spinach. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; press each biscuit into 5 1/2" round. Firmly press 1 biscuit in bottom and up side of each of 8 ungreased jumbo muffin cups, forming 1/4" rim. Fill with chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment