Monday, October 29, 2012

Chow Mein Hot Dish

This was a great quick meal that I could throw together during naps and pop in the oven so we were ready to roll as soon as the daycare kids were gone... Personally I am a big fan of canned chow mein (should I admit that?) but I love that this recipe is homemade and tastes just as good! I didn't want the chow mein noodles to get soggy, so I didn't add them to the hot dish, we just put them underneath! I love the crunchiness that went with it...


Chow Mein Hot Dish
(recipe found in A.C.C.)

1 pound ground beef
2 small onions, chopped
2 cups celery, diced
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1 (8 ounces) can water chestnuts
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 (11 ounces) can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of everything soup)
1 (11 ounces) can chicken and rice soup
2 cups water

Brown beef, onion and celery. Add remaining ingredients and stir together. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours. Add chow mein noodles the last 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment