Saturday, October 23, 2010

Easy Reuben Sandwich Slices

I love sauerkraut, probably not when I was little, but the taste of it has grown on me! I am trying to instill this love in my children and they are doing not too bad with it! Beau was the only one that balked a little bit at this recipe, otherwise everyone else thought that it was delish! And what better time then fall to be dishing up a sauerkraut recipe! This was quick to throw together during naps and throw in the oven at supper time! I actually forgot that we had a picnic for ECFE on the night that we were having this, so it sat in my fridge from Tuesday afternoon until Thursday night when I baked it for supper - still super good!! :)

Easy Reuben Sandwich Slices
(recipe found in Pillsbury cookbook)
Serves: 4

2 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated flaky dough sheet
2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
4 ounces thinly sliced deli corned beef
4 slices (1 ounce each) swiss cheese
1 cup sauerkraut with caraway seed, well drained (from 14 ounces can)
1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons sesame seeds

Heat oven to 375. Onto ungreased cookie sheet, unroll 1 can of dough (if using crescent rolls, pinch seams to seal.) Spread dressing on dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with corned beef, swiss cheese and sauerkraut.

Unroll remaining can of dough on work surface. (I sprayed my countertop with cooking spray at this point so that it didn't stick...) Spread mustard to within 1/2inch of edges. Place mustard side down on sauerkraut. Press edges with fork to seal. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cut into slices to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment