Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

I love Halloween! It has to be one of my favorite holidays, right next to Christmas... I love decorating, carving pumpkins, dressing up the kids, trick or treating and everything else that goes with it!! We carved our pumpkins that other day and of course we had to save all the seeds!

I found this recipe a few years back and the page that it is on is so tattered that I can find it each year easily! I love the taste of these pumpin seeds and they remind me of how my mom used to make them! This year I quadrupled the recipe and Josh's response was - this is all that it made? Obviously they are a favorite in our house!


Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
(recipe found in Taste of Home)

2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

Line a 15x10 inch baking pan with foil and grease the foil. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients; spread into prepared pan. Bake at 225 for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to 325. Bake 5 minutes longer or until seeds are dry and lightly browned. Serve warm, or cool before storing in an airtight container.

Every year I have to bake these for much longer then 1 1/2 hours, I think because I overload my baking sheet! :) This year I actually put only the 2 cups on each sheet and they baked up in exactly 1 1/2 hours, even with me forgetting to bump up the heat to 325! Enjoy! I know the daycare kids and I did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment