Friday, October 29, 2010

Sugar Cookies

As you know, obviously I love to bake! I love sweets and I love me a good sugar cookie. Making them though has alluded me for years! I think that every year I find a sugar cookie recipe that I want to try, I follow the directions to a T and they still don't turn out... They are too sticky, they are too dry, they won't roll out EVER for me!! So, last year after Christmas, I begged, begged, begged my sister's mother in law for her recipe! Her sugar cookies are the yummiest and whenever they are at my sister's house my radar goes on and I am over there snacking on them!! So, this past weekend, the kids and I busted out the recipe, mixed it up on Friday, baked them on Saturday and frosted them on Sunday! Yes, believe it or not, I made it through every single step!! WAHOO!!! Finally a sugar cookie recipe that is a success for me... I will definitely be making these again for Christmas!


Sugar Cookies
(recipe stolen from Becky Johnson)

1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
3 tablespoons cream (WHAT?? As I was typing this up, I realized that I totally missed that ingredient when I made them... What a dork I am! :)
1 teaspoon soda
2 teaspoon cream of tartar
3 cups flour

Cream butter. Add sugar, eggs and cream. Sift together dry ingredients and add slowly to the sugar mixture. Dough will be stiff. Chill at least 1 hour. Bake at 375 8-10 minutes. Keep extra dough in refrigerator while rolling out cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment