Saturday, October 16, 2010

Three Bears Bread

Brody and I saw this recipe in a Hightlights magazine that he had gotten in the mail and he wanted to try it so bad! So, even though it was from February of 09, whoops, we finally busted it out and made them up. They were definitely a hit in our house.. Josh was asking when I was going to make them again and the kids devoured them for snack! So easy and super adorable!!

Three Bears Bread
(recipe found in Highlights Hive Five Magazine)

1 pound of frozen bread dough, thawed
raisins
honey and butter for dipping

Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350. Use half of the dough to make three bears' bodies. use half of the remaining dough to make the bears' heads. Use the remaining dough to make the bears' legs, arms, ears, and noses. Add raisin eyes.

Cover the bears with a clean, lightweight towel. Put them in a warm place until they have doubled in size (60-90 minutes). Bake the bears for 16-18 minutes or until they are golden brown.

When we make this again, I think that I am going to brush it with a little melted butter and add some cinnamon to it before I bake it! I love bread, but I think that this would give it a little more kick! Also, mine were gigantic - I missed the 2 baking sheets part of these instructions, so I am guessing that the recipe should have made 4 bears... I assumed 2 from the pictures that they had on the page, so I doubled it to make 4! The kids all needed help to finish their bears, so I think that a smaller version would have worked just as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment