Sunday, October 17, 2010

Smores Ice Cream

So, I just got my new Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and can I just tell you - I LOVE IT!!! It is so much fun to make your own ice cream! Not the cheapest thing ever, but the creamy goodness that comes out of it is worth every penny! My favorite ice cream is soft serve, the kind that just melts in your mouth when you take a bite?? Oh my goodness, this is so close - the texture, the flavor, the cold on your tongue, WOW!!! I could go on for days, but I will try to control my excitement! I won't bore you with every recipe that I try, but I will highlight on a few - (I did make the vanilla first, just to test it out and that was delish, but is a staple in every ice cream making book I am sure, so I won't post the recipe here.) The daycare kids and I tried the Smores Ice Cream today... They thought it was wonderful and I thought it was pretty tasty too! Marshmallows in ice cream isn't really my thing though, so I wasn't too gung-ho about that part...

Not sure why the picture looks pinkish, but it really doesn't turn out a pink color! :)

Smores Ice Cream
(recipe found on www.meganscookin.com)
makes: 2 quarts

1 cup half & half
2 cups milk
3/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 graham crackers, crushed
4-5 marshmallows, cut into small pieces
2-3 ounces of chocolate chips

Mix half & half, milk, sugar and vanilla together until sugar is dissolved. Pour mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. 5 minutes before ice cream is done, mix in chocolate chips, crackers and marshmallows. Transfer to a freezer safe container and store in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment