Thursday, September 8, 2011

Spiral Stomboli

Okay, I will start with being honest.... This tasted awesome, but I had a hard time putting it together!! Hopefully you are more coordinated with dough then I am! :) I had it all over the place, holes in the dough and stretched way too thin... It was a crazy mess, but it tasted great so I will try my luck again on another day! :)



Spiral Stromboli
(recipe found in Taste of Home)

1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty french loaf
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained (I left these out)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese

Unroll dough on a lightly floured surface. Pat into a 14x12" rectangle; sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheeses to within 1/2" of edges. Layer with hard salami, deli ham and pimientos. Roll up tightly, jelly roll style, starting from short side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with melted butter sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut with serrated knife. Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment