Sunday, November 14, 2010

Banana Bread

This is my go to recipe for banana bread. I have tried a lot of other banana breads, but this is the one that I use the majority of the time! It is yummy and great for breakfast, snack or any time! I usually end up doubling this recipe...

Banana Bread

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
1 cup mashed bananas (I usually use at least 3 bananas for each batch)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream

Cream together sugar and butter. Then beat eggs into the mixture. Mix in flour, salt and soda. Add rest of ingredients. Put in well greased and floured loaf pans. Let stand 10 minutes. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

This is a great way to use up those leftover bananas... A tip - when my bananas start to brown, I just throw them in the freezer if I don't have time to bake banana bread right away. Then when you need them you can just take them out, thaw for a few hours (you will want to have them in a bowl or on a plate). They will look disgusting, but they work perfectly for banana bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment