Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

Here is the second recipe that I loved from my Nourishing Hearts class. Again, I had a crazy night where I was running out the door, but not so many daycare kids so it was a great night to have to cook up the noodles and get the plates ready! Plus, Josh was actually home with the kids and I didn't have to drag them out the door with me, which saves me LOADS of time!! Which means that I actually got a picture of this one...


Chicken Parmesan

1 package shake-n-bake
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 teasoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
12 ounces whole grain pasta, cooked acccoring to directions
marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, for serving

Combine the dry ingredients in a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the melted butter, then roll in crumbs. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Serve with pasta topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.

Again, the chicken is easy to freeze up for a later meal... Let it thaw completely and reheat in oven as directed, turning midway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment