Monday, November 22, 2010

Meatballs

The church that we are attending has begun a new class called Nourishing Hearts... It is a class for women where you make 4 freezer ready meals while talking about the women of the bible. Everyone pitches in and makes part of the four meals for 20 people. Not only do you walk away with your hearts full, but you get to walk away with a handful of meals that are easy to throw in the oven... It came in very handy this past month when I was running out the door every Monday night for a class that my sister-in-law was teaching where I did the childcare. I had meals that could be thrown in the oven and ready at 5:00 when all the daycare kids were gone and I didn't have to try juggling daycare kids while trying to make a good meal!

Here is one of the two recipes that I am going to share with you... My favorites of the four that we made and recipes that I will probably use again! I have not ever made meatballs from scratch before and these were delicious - I only hope they turn out as good the next time that I make them! Sorry for no picture, but like I said, these are crazy nights that I am trying to run out the door!!

Meatballs
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
1 cup quick oats
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon chili powder

Sauce:
1 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

Mix meatball ingrdients together and form into balls. Put in single layer in a baking dish. Mix and pour sauce over meatballs. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

We were sent home with a ziploc baggie filled with meatballs to freeze. If you freeze yours, thaw completely and bake as directed.

No comments:

Post a Comment