Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Zesty Pork Chops

One of the best things that I have found from having this blog, is that people love to share their yummy recipes with you!! I have had a few friends email me with recipes that they have tried and think that I would like and I love it!! I find recipes everywhere from magazines to online to friends handing them over and it is great...

A good friend from AZ hooked a couple of her friends up with my blog site and now they have started checking out the recipes that I post. The other day I got a message from one of them with this delicious pork chop recipe! She said that it was super easy and a big hit with her family! I can second that opinion... My family thought it was great and every bit of it was gone!!


Zesty Pork Chops
(recipe from Jamie Phantz via Campbell's Kitchen)

4 bone in pork chops
all purpose flour
1 cup pace picante sauce
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into slices, 1/4" thick
2 tablespoons olive oil

Coat the pork with flour. Mix the picante sauce, brown sugar and apple together in a medium bowl. Heat the oil in a 12" skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on both sides. Pour off any fat. Pour the picante sauce mixture over the pork. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.

As you can tell from the picture, I cheated and just chopped up my apples. When you have little kids that you have to cut everything up for, it just makes it easier to do it from the start, rather then "slicing" things to put in your recipes... So, while a lot of my recipes call for "sliced" ingredients, I usually just chop away! :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was awesome! We didn't have apples but it was yummy just the same. Served it over rice with some of the sauce. It is definitely a do-again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it yummy? We always have applesauce with our porkchops, so the apples fit really well... Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete